Forensic Science Blog Photo

The Magic of Forensic Art

Filed under Professional Happenings

This story was passed on to me recently: Police Identify Victim with Forensic Sculptor
About 5 years ago, I attended my first American Academy of Forensic Sciences annual conference and picked up a text on Forensic Art. This mixture of science, artistic ability, and incredible aptitude for the human form always amazed me – especially when the results are spot on to the subject in question. This is case in point. This story ran on 48 Hours Mystery on December 15 and should be available from the link above.

Here is the written story: CBS News.

Here is the entire video online: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6

Comments

• debt relief settlement says:

Forensic art is amazing.

• Dan says:

This looks interesting but the link you provided seems to land you on a page that only provides a brief preview. Do you have another link to the full story?

• DD says:

Yes, it’s magic of forensic art. :)

• Daren Singh says:

Sad story about the the young girl -Yesenia. It is amazing what forensics can do these days. With all those people working together hopefully the case will be solved soon.

• Lisa says:

As a forensic artist, I have to agree as well that this is amazing! The artist that is featured, Gloria Nusse, is an phenomenal artist, and well as kind, fun, person. I’m proud to say that I’ve known her for years. She’s so good at this work because not just because she’s put years of work into learning, but because she genuinely cares about the victims.